Esta receta también está disponible en: Español (Spanish)
Contenido de la página
The Rice with Sausage is one of the main dishes of the Dominican Republic, a recipe prepared with rice, sausage or also known as Dominican pork chorizo.
To this recipe we can also add Salami, Rice with Sausage, and Salami, believe me, it is a delicious meal, you will be delighted and delighted with what we will prepare today.
If we would have to make a list with the 10 richest Dominican dishes and what else do they miss when they are away from home, The Rice with Sausage it will be on that list for sure.
What does the word Locrio mean?
Locrio is a dish with rice from the Dominican Republic, very similar to paella, this dish consists of seasoned rice mixed with some type of meat, eg. chicken or pork, cooked in a single pot.
¿Can I prepare the Rice with Sausage with any type of Pork Chorizo?
Sure you can, you can make it. The dish I assure you that will taste very good, but of course, the flavor will not be the same. The combination of flavors of this Rice with Sausage is what makes it unique in its area.
How to Make Rice with Sausage Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- 1 lb of sausage cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2 cubes of chicken broth.
- 1 teaspoonful oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoonful of marinade.
- 1 paquetito of seasoning, coriander and achiote.
- 1/2 teaspoonful ground black pepper.
- 3 tablespoons of sofrito made at home.
- 1/4 taza of tomato sauce.
- 1/4 taza olives and / or capers.
- 4 tazas of water.
- 3 tazas of rice, washed.
- In a cauldron, we are going to heat the oil over medium heat, fry the sausage until it is cooked and is a little crunchy. We remove from the cauldron and reserve.
- Now we remove the excess oil from the cauldron, add the cubes of chicken broth, marinade, oregano, seasoning, ground black pepper and let it cook for about 30 seconds, then we add the sofrito, tomato sauce and olives, we start to move and we leave for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- We continue adding water, when the water begins to boil we add the rice and stir occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of the cauldron.
- When the water has evaporated, add the sausage and mix until combined. Cover and cook over low heat for about 25 minutes.
- Then we mix everything very carefully and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot accompanied by an avocado salad and that's it.