¿Over time, you have noticed that towels get a bad smell, right? ¿Do you also wash and wash the towel and the bad smell is not removed?, it is normal to be uncomfortable and wonder ¿How to remove or eliminate the bad smell of humidity from towels? ¿Do I have to buy another towel? that’s not the solution either. Stay 5 minutes in this article and you will learn how to remove the bad smell from towels in a very easy way and with toxic-free products.
¿What causes a bad smell in towels?
Every time we have a situation, what we must do first is identify the cause, in this case the cause of the bad smell in towels. There are four factors that cause this bad smell in towels and they are the following:
- Do not extend them after use: Leave the towel on the floor or hanging improperly contributes to the growth of bacteria due to humidity.
- Leave them for a long time in the washing machine after the wash cycle: The environment damp and warm from the washing machine allows bacteria to grow quickly.
- Detergent residues: If detergent residue remains after washing, this can help build up bacteria and dirt.
- Softener residues: Leaving softener residue on towels will cause a greasy film to form that will attract dirt.
¿How can you get rid of bad smell from towels?
To remove the bad smell from towels is simple, follow these practical tricks:
Give the washing machine a deep clean: For a wash cycle with the washing machine empty adding white vinegar to disinfect the interior.
Select a long wash cycle with hot water and add 2-3 cups of white vinegar.
After the cycle is finished, clean the rubber in the washing machine with a towel moistened with vinegar, but make sure to reach all parts of the rubber as this is where mold and bacteria accumulate.
Afterwards, dry the rubber with a clean, dry cloth.
Leave the washer door open until dry to prevent the growth of bacteria and moisture.
Clean the dryer: Use the vinegar again to clean the dryer.
Dampen a clean cloth with a mixture of half a cup of white vinegar and half a cup of water. Clean the inside and outside of the dryer.
Remove any residue present on the dryer rack.
Leave the dryer door open to ventilate the interior.
Give towels a deep clean
Wash your towels at least once a week.
When washing your towels, use white vinegar instead of fabric softener.
Do not mix the towels with other clothes, wash them separately.
It is good to create a habit of cleaning the washing machine with vinegar at least once a month.
After using the towels, spread them out in a ventilated place.
Tips to prevent towel odor from returning
- Wash your towels at least once a week.
- When washing your towels, use white vinegar instead of fabric softener.
- Do not mix the towels with other clothes, wash them separately.
- Clean your washer and dryer with vinegar at least once a month.
- After using the towels, spread them out in a ventilated place.